You can download a printable copy of my CV with contactable references here.
- 1995-1996 Northern Sydney Institute of TAFE
Diploma of Graphic Design
- 2006 Wellington Institute of Technology, New Zealand
Completion of 2 papers of the Marketing and Business Diploma
- 1994 KvB College of Visual Communication, Sydney
Certificate in Graphic Design
2018 to 2019 – Senior Graphic Designer, GSL Promotus, Wellington NZ
Creative, design and finished artwork for Suzuki Automotive, Motorcycles and Marine (outboard motors). Advertising and promotional creative. Design implementation. Finished artwork for newspapers, traditional press and web. Other clients I serviced at GSLP:
- Creative, design and finished artwork for The Ministry of Primary Industries – Fisheries and Biosecurity divisions.
- Varied work for the Mountain Safety Council and Heartland Bank.
2015 to 2019 – Senior Graphic Designer, Sydney
Creative, design and finished artwork for Syneron Candela Aust. & NZ (global leader in medical aesthetics). Also creative, design and finished art for Royale & Co of sales materials, packaging and POS for big Australian and NZ retailers (Woolworths, Coles, Big W, Target, David Jones, Whitcoulls NZ, Countdown NZ). Working within the hardgoods, softgoods, umbrellas, impulse buy and gifting sectors.
- Autonomous position producing all marketing needs including advertising, product brochures, sales kits, large scale clinic or event graphics, and POS.
- Print management.
- Social media creative and asset creation.
- Involved in the rebrand and producing finished packaging artwork for the relaunch of iconic Australian luggage brand ‘Globite’. www.globite.com.au. Globite offers a wide range of travel accessories.
- Studio photography and retouch of products for print and web use.
- Umbrella brand development and ticketing www.rainorshine.com.au
- Creative design for men’s ties, wallets, belts and hats.
2014-2015 – Online Art Director, Masters Home Improvement. Sydney
I autonomously designed retail sales promotions for www.masters.com.au – Woolworths Group home improvement and hardware store website (Responsive desktop down to tablet and separate mobile site). I steered the online brand identity and was responsible for the look and feel of all their online offerings.
- High level of retouching required on all product photography.
- Designed regular electronic direct mails and created gif animations for Masters social media posts.
- Worked along side the marketing dept, web developers.
2009-2013 – Freelance Senior Graphic Designer, Art Director and Retoucher. Sydney
- Promotional creative at Retail25 for ACP Magazines. Promotion artwork in collaboration with Coles, Woolworths and Channel 9 flagship shows – The Block and The Voice.
- Creative and artwork for Brighter2 (Creative arm of Talent2) and EightStepsWest. Agencies specialising in employer branding and value propositions, staff retention and incentives for major internationals. I have designed campaigns for many companies including Cathay Pacific, Optus, AMP, Startrack, Transgrid and Bunnings. Art directed photoshoots.
- Working with TVU Film Production on Sydney Water and WestlinkM7 projects.
- Marketing design and production for 4Community – artwork for non-profit, social services and aged-care providers.
- Ad/promo creative, e-news for Velosophy bikes store. Strong visual identity across all media. Store closed down in 2014.
- Website design for BHive Network. Bhive is a new business network offering more than LinkedIn. Launched in June 2013.
- Close working relationship with Aquent (leading creative talent agency), Tenthhouse and Macpeople.
- Branding, website design and marketing collateral for CLIA (Cruise Lines Industry Assoc.)
- Magazine / travel brochure design, advertising, e-newsletters and website graphics for Evergreen Tours.
- Website design, branding, product brochures and forms for Mortgageport home loans.
- Reliant Healthcare designer. Marketing and responsive website design for the aged www.relianthealthcare.com.au
- 3 Month placement at Bonds clothing. Designed packaging and graphics for garments in store and sales support POS. Photo retouching of models and clothing.
- Art Directed AFRA ‘On the Move’ Magazine for 3 years. Publication for the furniture removal industry.
- Studio Manager at Fuel Creative (2 month holiday leave contract). Managed workflow between accounts and studio of 6 people. Major clients Coke Amatil, Canon, Wests Tigers. Fuel is primarily a BTL agency with a lot of POS. Role included people, time and workflow management, design and finished art.
- Designer of Electrain – online OH&S training programs. Designed training program interface’s. Directed and performed photoshoots on location. Filming and post production of OH&S procedure video’s.
- Graphic Designer at Taurus Marketing and PR Agency. Design of Corporate identity for clients ranging from IT, industrial businesses to sports people. Creation of web artwork and e-newsletters for a range of clients including PCA Architects, Gen-i IT Solutions, TrustDefender internet security, and Platform Networks.
- Rebranded aged-care exclusive service provider “Private Care” reflecting their position at the top end of the industry. Produced marketing materials and managed all printing needs.
- Freelance 2D at GPJ event management. High profile clients such as: Hyundai, Harley Davidson, Nissan, VMware. Designed exhibition stand graphics and supplied finished artwork.
- Graphic Designer of the Royal Rehabilitation Centre Sydney. Rebranded hospital identity and produced marketing needs.
- Designed websites for Spinal Talk support network and Royal Rehabilitation College.
- Retoucher at CI Studios (Photography studio). Retouched skin, clothes, products. Major clients Soccer Australia & ALDI.
- Designed POS & packaging artwork at Pharmacare Laboritories. Produced aerosol & box artwork with knifelines in Illustrator and Photoshop. Worked on the supermarket brands Brut, Norsca, Rosken and Nature’s Way.
2008 – Senior Graphic Designer at ARDO Group. Poznan, Poland
- Launched, designed and art directed “Dachy Płaskie i Tarasy” (Flat Roofs & Terraces) bi-monthly engineers magazine.
- Designed marketing material, POS, vehicle graphics and trade show stands for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.
- Creative and design for Kingspan Insulation advertising campaigns.
- Branding and all artwork for the Polish learner drivers starter kit and Poznan “Piwo i Muzyka” (beer & music festival).
- Produced marketing material for Torggler (building products) and Pilkington Auto Glass.
2006-2007 – Freelance Graphic Designer. Wellington NZ & Sydney
- Art director of Suzuki NZ auto and motorcycles at Promotus Advertising. Rebranded Suzuki marketing collateral and point of sale for New Zealand & was internationally recognised for the design. Directed new vehicle photo shoots & designed www.myswift.co.nz website. Produced web, magazine and newspaper advertising.
- Other clients at Promotus were Strategic Finance, New World Supermarket and the MTA.
- At GPJ designed event artwork for Intel, Harley Davidson, Nissan & Skoda Automobiles.
- Branded and art directed PrivateBox NZ (postal service).
- Other clients: Telstra, Goodman, MTA, Vetalogica, Carlton & United Breweries and Dairy Farmers Ltd.
2001-2005 – Designer in London & Dublin
- Retoucher at Nexus/H on the Honda account. Created print artwork for the 2005 Honda Accord from camera raw to finished art for newspapers and magazines.
- Graphic Designer & Photographer at Lindsey Teak Furniture. Photographed and retouched entire range of wooden furniture. Designed their sales catalogue. Supplied all web artwork.
- Advertising creative & design at Emap Automotive publishing (Max Power & other publications).
- Other short term freelance clients: Worked at PCI Fitch on BP events and at a small agency for Nintendo & Shoie motorcycle gear on packaging & advertising.
- One year contract as Senior Designer at O’Sullivan Ryan Advertising, Dublin. Conceived, designed & dispatched Lexus / Toyota advertising for magazines, the web & newspapers. Studio also had two midweight and one junior designer who I upskilled in Adobe software. Designed and implemented a new work flow and filing system for jobs through the art department and accounts management.
1997-2000 – Designer / Art Director at Universal Magazines, Sydney
- Art Director of Gourmet Vegetarian, Complete Wedding, 4WD Australia, New Car Buyer, Luxury Home Design & Dog’s Life magazines. Lead a team of designers on larger publications.
- Part-time photographer for Street Heat (motoring) & editorial in CheapEats (restaurant reviews).
- Designed the new corporate identity for Universal. Designed posters, flyers, stationery, point-of-sale, sales kits and conceived sales promotions for individual titles.